One of the most popular trekking destinations in West Bengal is Sandakphu. With several picturesque villages lining the route, the golden snow sunrise is one of the main attractions of this trek. Book a Sandakphu trek package to witness the marvelous sunrise for yourself.
Table of contents:
- Day 1: Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu
- Day 2: Tonglu to Sandakphu
- Day 3: Sandakphu to Rimbick
Be An Explorer is one of the best tour operators in Siliguri. Being travelers and explorers ourselves, it brings us immense joy to be able to serve our fellow travel and adventure enthusiasts. Here is the detailed itinerary for our Sandakphu trek package.
Day 1: Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu
- After breakfast drive to the starting point of the trek which is Maneybhanjyang. It is a 26 km drive from Darjeeling and is situated on the border between India and Nepal. The local market at Maneybhanjyang is the last chance to buy anything that you might have forgotten.
- The 5 hours trek from Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu of 11 km is steep terrain. Tonglu overlooks Darjeeling and Kurseong and offers majestic, panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Tonglu itself is a peak of the Singalila Mountains, at an altitude of 10,074 feet high, commonly referred to as Tumling by the residents of the district.
- Accommodation in tents.
Day 2: Tonglu to Sandakphu
- Sandakphu is the highest spot in the Darjeeling district located at an altitude of 3636m on the Singalila Mountains and one of the most popular hiking trails in the Himalayas.
- On the way, you will pass through the temperate forest of rhododendron and magnolias to reach the summit of the Singalila range. The quaint village of Sandakphu offers you the most fantastic view of the snow-covered range of Mt. Everest in Nepal, to Mt. Kanchandzonga in Sikkim and Mt. Chomolari in Bhutan.
- Apart from Rhododendron and magnolias, there are countless varieties of primulas, orchids, and ferns that brighten up way in March and April.
- Mount Everest is 144 Kames from here as the crow flies and Kanchendzonga is only a mere 44 km. The view of Sun Rise and Sun above the mountains is something you definitely don’t want to miss.
- The name Sandakphu translates to the hill of the poison plant, and it is called that because the poison plant “Aconite” grows for a while below the peak.
- Accommodation in tents.
Day 3: Sandakphu to Rimbick
- You will move downhill towards Sirikhola past the villages and farmlands. Then you will have to walk all the way uphill through the dense forests to Rimbick.
- You will then be driven back to Darjeeling from Rimbick which is the endpoint of your Sandakphu trek package.
- Stay overnight in the hotel.