Darjeeling, lovingly called the “Queen of the Hills”, is one of the most beautiful hill stations in the country. And during this tour you will find out why this hill station is called that. Sikkim is similar to Darjeeling and is also one of the most beautiful and most visited tourist destinations in the country.
Day 1 - NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (98 kms / 4 hrs):
- Upon arrival at Bagdogra airport or Siliguri (NJP) train station, you will meet our representative who will help you board your vehicle to Darjeeling and provide you with information about your tour.
- After leaving Siliguri we drive along the NH 31A through the dense forests of Mahananda Wild Life Sanctuary, the natural playing field of wild elephants, tigers and deer. Sevok comes next with it’s promises for the beautiful view of the River Tista, which comes from the deep gorge of the Himalayas and spreads into the vast plains of North Bengal.
- From Tista Bazaar follows the winding roads and a scenic drive through the Himalayan hills to Darjeeling. Check in hotel and get refreshed for a free evening off.
Day 2 Darjeeling Sightseeing:
- Early in the morning (at 4 a.m.) we will drive to Tiger Hill to see the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchenjangha (28,208 ft. the world’s 3rd highest peak).
- On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery and the Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit to Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (closed on Thursdays) Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-help Center (closed on Sundays), Tea Garden (exterior view), Ava Art Gallery and Japanese temple (4 am from 9 am to 1 pm).
- Accommodation is in Darjeeling.
Day 3 - Darjeeling - Gangtok (98 Kms / 4 hrs) :
- One day 3 after breakfast city tour through Darjeeling and continue in the afternoon to Gangtok (5500 ft. / 98 km / 4 hours), the capital of the state of Sikkim (Sikkim is the 23rd state of India) which is also known as the most peaceful and most beautiful state in India.
- On arrival at Gangtok check in at your hotel.
- Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 4 - Excursion – Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir :
- After breakfast you will drive for a memorable excursion to Tsomgo Lake (39,400 ft. / 39 km), one of the highest altitude lake in the Himalayas.
- This beautiful oval lake of almost 1 km long with an average depth of 50 ft is located in the east of Sikkim Himalaya.
- From here we drive another 15 km to Baba Mandir.
- Depending on the accessibility of the route, you can continue to the Nathula pass (12,000 feet) towards the border with China.
- Towards the end of the afternoon we will return to Gangtok.
- The evening is free for roaming around M.G Marg, the popular shopping area in Gangtok.
Day 5 - Gangtok to Lachen (120 kms./5 hrs./ Alt.- 8,500 ft.) :
- After an early breakfast we continue to Lachen. The route winds through small villages with valleys to the forest of Kabi Langchuk. Shinghik comes next with his promises of one of the most glorious views of Kunchanjungha. Located at an altitude of over 4000 ft, Singhik offers a desired vacation to travelers on the way to Lachen.
- We will eat our lunch en route.
- Visit Chungthang – the confluence of Lachen Chu and Lachung Chu (river) and Vimnala waterfalls fall on the way to Lachen. Reach Lachung in the late afternoon. Lachen also serves as a base for the popular Green Lake trek.
Day 6 -Lachen – Gurudongmar Lake (40 kms each side) – Lachung (44 kms/2 hrs):
- After breakfast at the hotel, drive through the snow-covered mountains and enjoy beautiful scenery when you arrive at Gurudongmar Lake – the most sacred lake in North Sikkim.
- Please note that only Indian nationals may visit this place.
- Remember that the lake is at the highest altitude (17,000 feet) and this can cause breathing problems, so be prepared and don’t exercise and take it easy.
- Come back to the hotel, take time out of the hotel after a refreshment and leave for Lachung.
- Overnight in Lachung.
Day 7 - Lachung – Yumthang Valley Excursion (21 kms each side) – Gangtok (118 kms/6 hrs) :
- After breakfast at the hotel, continue to Yumthang Valley, known as the valley of flowers in northern Sikkim.
- On the way back to the valley, don’t forget to visit the hot spring, which is considered to have healing properties.
- Come back to the hotel and leave for Gangtok.
- The package for overnight stay is in Gangtok.
Day 8 - Gangtok Local Sightseeing - Pelling (120 kms / 5 hrs):
- In the morning visit Rumtek Monastery / Jhakri Falls, Institute of Tibetology, Enchay Monastery, Dodurl Chorten.
- After lunch drive to Pelling (7,000 ft. / 134 km / 6 hours).
- The first phase of the journey rolls along the picturesque valley from the river Tista to Melli and then runs along the beautiful valley from Rangit to Legship.
- Take a refreshing break at the viewpoint at Melli and view the beautiful bird’s eye view of the confluence of both rivers.
- From Legship the road takes a steep turn through Geyzing. The view of the entire area widens as you continue towards Pelling through the clouds and forests. Rathong, Zopuno, Shimbho, Narsing, Sinolchu.
- Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 9 - Pelling Sightseeing :
- Pelling Local attractions (all day) – After breakfast at the hotel – Drive for the whole day. The routes are wooded and the botanical and zoological richness is inspiring. Places to visit are Rimbi waterfalls, Rimbi rock garden, Kechopalri lake, it is one of the sacred Buddhist lakes and it is believed that every wish for the lake comes true – Myth is that when a leaf falls on the calm clear water surface, it is plucked by a bird and thus the water surface is always free of leaves, Kechopalri monastery, Kanchenjunga waterfalls, Pemayangtse monastery, Rabdantse ruins, the picturesque view from the top of the ruin to the mystical heights of Kanchenjunga series something to be cherished.
- Back to the hotel.
- Free roaming in the helicopter platform or the shopping mall in the evening .
- Overnight in Pelling.
Day 10 - Pelling to Siliguri/Bagdogra (145 km. / approx 6 hrs) :
- After completing a farewell party, drive back to Siliguri (NJP) / Bagdogra (IXB) via the same route for your onward journey.