The northern part of West Bengal is covered by the lofty Himalayas that provide an amazing mountaineering and adventure sports opportunity to tourists. The treks vary according to the level of difficulty and time. Sandakphu trek is one of the favorites for trekkers and people who want to experience the high of trekking.
Table of content:
1. About Sandakhphu trek
2. What to expect on the trek
About Sandakphu trek
The Sandakphu trek starts from New Jalpaiguri where the tour or trek guide will pick everyone up for the journey. It is considered to be an easy trek with some gorgeous views on the way to the peak. This trek is also known as the Singalia La Trek as it goes up till the Singalia ridge which forms the international border between India and Nepal. During the trek, you will get a glimpse of mountains covered in snow, forests of pine, oaks, deodars, and spruce along with some picturesque villages with small settlements.
Days on the trek
Day 1: you can arrive in Darjeeling a day before the trek and get some rest
Day 2: the walk starts from Manibhanjan which is the starting point and goes till Tonglu. From here, the rhododendron-covered part leads to Jaubari adjacent to the Nepal border.
Day 3: from Jaubari to Gairbas before reaching a small settlement called Kalpokhri. From here it takes 2 hrs to reach the trekker’s hut at Sandakphu
Day 4: a walk to the Phalut which takes about four to five hrs with a spectacular view of Everest and Kanchenjunga.
Day 5: A steep descend from Phalut to Raman river and then to the Raman village.
Day 6: a 9-10 km walk till Shrikhola and then about 3kms to Rimbik.
Day 7: from Rimbik to Darjeeling the drive is about 5 hrs. You can also walk to Bijanbari and then drive from there.
Day 8: the Sandakphu trek ends with you reaching Siliguri on the last day.
What to expect on the trek
The sandakphu trek packages are a good option to have a memorable experience. The trek packages include pick up and drop along with providing stay and a meals chart which is provided in the itineraries. However, there are some aspects during this trek that you need to be aware of and prepare yourself for which include:
- The accommodations on the trek are basic and you might not have all the facilities available. Hot running water supply or attached bathroom are not available everywhere.
- Rooms are dormitory-style and you may have to share rooms on a quad share basis because twin share rooms are not available on the trail.
- It is best if you have a mind-set of having some adventure and experiencing new things and enjoy the trek.
The Himalayas which translates to ‘land of snow’ is the perfect dream destination for adventurous souls. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the treks here are known as some of the best. There are several options and you might not know which will be the best. The Sandakphu trek package is one of the favorites of trekkers and beginners. It consists of some of the best options and spots and is a must-try.
Table of content:
1. What to expect from the trek?
2. How to reach the base?
3. Essential information
What to expect from the trek?
Sandakphu is a land of wonders for trekkers. The peak is at an altitude of 11,929ft which is about 3,636 meters in the Darjeeling district. It is the summit or the highest peak of the Singalila region. The route of this trek goes through the Singalila region and thus is also called the Singalila trek.
This trek owns its popularity to the fact that the trek lets you see some of the highest peaks of the world in one single stretch along with the spectacular view of the trek. The villages and the forests that the trek covers are its main attraction. The trek route covers the Singalila national park and which has a variety of birds and animals as well.
How to reach the base?
The trek route to Sandakphu starts from a place called Manebhanjan in the Darjeeling district. This is a small town located at an altitude of 7,054ft or 2,150 meters. This is technically the gateway to Sandakphu and Singhalia. If you are traveling from the railway station which is NJP it will take you 4 hours to reach Manebhanjan. The route to this place goes via Mirik.
Sandakphu trek package often consists of pickup facilities to get you to Manebhanjan if required. You can travel to the place a day before the trek and get some quality rest before starting the journey.
There is some key information that you need to be acquainted with when on the trek. These will help you get an idea of the essentials during the trek and make it easier for you. These include:
- It is mandatory to get yourself a guide when you are going for the Sandakphu trek. These are government-licensed guides and have IDs of their own. You can also opt for Sandakphu trek package with various Trek operators and organizations that have registered guides of their own. These people help the trekkers with the basic amenities and are acquainted with the route.
- Indian mobile phone networks do not work in the trek. Vodafone and BSNL are the only networks available. You can get a proper network once you reach Srikhola. Most of the locals here use Nepal’s mobile network services.
- There are two best times to go for the trek. One is during the month of April to May when the orchids and rhododendrons are in full bloom. Skies remain clear and the weather is warm. Another time is between October and November. This time you may get snowfall and it stays cold.
- You need to carry woolens and proper clothing that includes jackets and coats as this place is cold all year around.
- Food is basic but expensive. There is also a shortage of water.
One of the most popular trekking destinations in West Bengal is Sandakphu. With several picturesque villages lining the route, the golden snow sunrise is one of the main attractions of this trek. Book a Sandakphu trek package to witness the marvelous sunrise for yourself.
Table of contents:
- Day 1: Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu
- Day 2: Tonglu to Sandakphu
- Day 3: Sandakphu to Rimbick
Be An Explorer is one of the best tour operators in Siliguri. Being travelers and explorers ourselves, it brings us immense joy to be able to serve our fellow travel and adventure enthusiasts. Here is the detailed itinerary for our Sandakphu trek package.
Day 1: Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu
- After breakfast drive to the starting point of the trek which is Maneybhanjyang. It is a 26 km drive from Darjeeling and is situated on the border between India and Nepal. The local market at Maneybhanjyang is the last chance to buy anything that you might have forgotten.
- The 5 hours trek from Maneybhanjyang to Tonglu of 11 km is steep terrain. Tonglu overlooks Darjeeling and Kurseong and offers majestic, panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Tonglu itself is a peak of the Singalila Mountains, at an altitude of 10,074 feet high, commonly referred to as Tumling by the residents of the district.
- Accommodation in tents.
Day 2: Tonglu to Sandakphu
- Sandakphu is the highest spot in the Darjeeling district located at an altitude of 3636m on the Singalila Mountains and one of the most popular hiking trails in the Himalayas.
- On the way, you will pass through the temperate forest of rhododendron and magnolias to reach the summit of the Singalila range. The quaint village of Sandakphu offers you the most fantastic view of the snow-covered range of Mt. Everest in Nepal, to Mt. Kanchandzonga in Sikkim and Mt. Chomolari in Bhutan.
- Apart from Rhododendron and magnolias, there are countless varieties of primulas, orchids, and ferns that brighten up way in March and April.
- Mount Everest is 144 Kames from here as the crow flies and Kanchendzonga is only a mere 44 km. The view of Sun Rise and Sun above the mountains is something you definitely don’t want to miss.
- The name Sandakphu translates to the hill of the poison plant, and it is called that because the poison plant “Aconite” grows for a while below the peak.
- Accommodation in tents.
Day 3: Sandakphu to Rimbick
- You will move downhill towards Sirikhola past the villages and farmlands. Then you will have to walk all the way uphill through the dense forests to Rimbick.
- You will then be driven back to Darjeeling from Rimbick which is the endpoint of your Sandakphu trek package.
- Stay overnight in the hotel.
The Sandakphu trek is one of the most popular treks in the country. The popularity of the trek can be well understood as it is visited by thousands of passionate trekkers in a year. As a result, the Sandakphu trek packages is one of the most coveted packages from the tour operators of this region. The package not only helps them to earn big profits but also works in the favor of enhancing the tourism of the state. But there are several factors that determine the pricing of the packages and among them, the seasonal time also matters. This is mainly because of the fact that the best visuals of the trek can only be experienced in that time period.
This article provides all the insight regarding the best time to visit Sandakphu in order to get the full value of the money paid. This article also features a short description of a company that provides the best deals on Sandakphu trek packages.
Table of Content:
1. Why you should go for the Sandakphu trek?
2. What is the best time to visit Sandakphu?
3. Be An Explorer
Why you should go for the Sandakphu trek?
There must be a reason for so many people to visit and attempt the Sandakphu trek. The trek is highly famous for various reasons that can leave the readers in disbelief. Sandakphu is generally a moderate-level trek with great distance and requires multi-level planning but the end of the trek is very fulfilling and rewarding as you can witness great mountain ranges all at once. These ranges include the famous Kanchenjunga, Mt Everest, Lhotse, and Makalu. Apart from this, you can also witness the rich glory of the rhododendrons too. All these things make Sandakphu a very desirable trekking place.
What is the best time to visit Sandakphu?
You can visit Sandakphu throughout the year but there are two very important times when the beauty of the trek is at its peak. These two times are in the winter and the spring.
Here, the winters start from the month of October and remain till the mid of January. This is highly preferred because during this phase the weather is very much clear to capture the images of the mountain peaks.
Here, the spring starts from mid of March and remains till the mid of May. This time is highly suitable to witness the beautiful forest during the peak with flowers blooming now and then. The Rhododendron and the Giant Magnolia are the two important species that you should watch out for.
Be An Explorer
We are a premier name that provides the best deals on the Sandakphu trek packages. We as a company always try our best to provide opportunities to our customers to explore this place at an affordable cost and negotiation because we believe that this one of a kind of trip that remains in the memory forever.
Trips can only become memories when they are systematically planned and that can only be done through a trusted tour operator.
The definition of paradise can be well explained in simple terms as heaven or a place where one can find eternal peace and satisfaction. If this is the true meaning of paradise then Sandakphu really justifies itself as a place of paradise. Its high slopes and rough terrains also make it a great source of attraction for all adventure lovers. So the title is totally abrupt as to how Sandakphu is truly a paradise for all adventure lovers. Because of these qualities, the Sandakphu trek package is always a hot property for the tour operators to earn some quick profit and also facilitates travelers to visit the place at desirable rates.
This article totally explains how the Sandakphu trek is one of the most rated treks in the world along with a short description of where you can get the best deals on the Sandakphu trek package.
Table of Content:
1. Why the Sandakphu peak holds a great place for all adventure lovers?
2. Be an Explorer
Why the Sandakphu peak holds a great place for all adventure lovers?
The Sandakphu peak is a very widely known peak in the world for many valid reasons. First of all, it is regarded as the highest of the state of West Bengal with an estimated height of 3636 meters high from the sea level. The height plays a very challenging role in the completion of the trip. Apart from this, there are several factors that make the Sandakphu trek special. Some of these include-
1. Rich display of natural vegetation
During the Sandakphu trek, you will come across a very famous national park known as the Singalila National Park. The park is basically located at the Singalila ridge in Darjeeling and is blessed with some of the great varieties of both plants and animals. The park is a home for plant species such as oak, bamboo, rhododendron, and magnolia and if lucky, you can also witness the exotic animal red panda too. These factors of the park can make your trek much more fun and thrilling.
2. The best view of the greatest mountain peaks
No doubt, the Sandakphu is a difficult trek but the reward is equally satisfying as it helps you to witness the four greatest mountain peaks with a great view. These famous mountain peaks are- Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, and Makalu. A glimpse of sunrise especially from Everest and the Kanchenjunga is worthy to be captured forever.
Be an Explorer
We are a highly recognized company that provides quality Sandakphu trek package at affordable rates. We as a team are always inclined to provide the best facilities to our customers so that they have a great time exploring their destination.
Sandakphu is a great peak to enjoy thrill and fun but should be done under experienced supervision and that can only be provided by a well-established tour operator.
Sandakphu is a place that needs no introduction for travelers who like going for adventure activities amidst the richness of nature. There are many mind-boggling facts associated with the Sandakphu trek that can make any passionate traveler visit the place at least once. Because of these reasons Sandakphu trek package is one of the most highly rated trek packages in West Bengal.
This article provides all the essential insights that make Sandakphu one of the famous treks in West Bengal along with a short description of where you can get the best Sandakphu trek package at the desired price.
Table of Content:
1. The factors that make Sandakphu trek valuable
2. Be an Explorer
The factors that make the Sandakphu trek valuable
Certain factors make the Sandakphu trek much more valuable than other tourist destinations in West Bengal. These factors include-
1. The perfect view of some of the best mountain peaks in the world
Sandakphu is a very difficult trek to complete and things get much tougher when you try to scale towards the finishing line. But all efforts will be rewarded when you will witness the greatness of some of the highest mountain peaks in the world. These mountain peaks are Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and Lhotse.
You will also witness some of the other important peaks from Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, and Sikkim in a single go. Most of the time the view is observed at the dawn, just when the sun just starts rising behind the peak. The glimpses of such a sight made all the difficulty and tiredness disappear and fill your heart with a joyful impact.
2. Perfect exhibition of flora and fauna
The trek showcases some of the best natural vegetation in the area. Although things are controlled by seasons at the peak time, the place is full of rhododendrons, giant magnolias, and multiple varieties of orchids. This place is very famous for exhibiting a wide range of orchids in a single area.
The trek also comprises the sightseeing of Singalila National Park. This national park is a home for many wild animals and specifically renowned for its red pandas and pangolins. You may also find a wide variety of bird species.
3. Experienced personnel
The personnel who will guide you throughout this trip are highly trained and experienced. It is very difficult to find local people with deep knowledge about their place.
These are the things that make Sandakphu trek the best trek in West Bengal.
Be an Explorer
We are the best tour operators in the region that provides Sandakphu trek package at many desirable prices. We are a team of experienced personnel who knows how to handle any complex situation with ease and conviction.
Sandakphu trek is a wonderful place to spend some time amidst the brilliance of nature but this can only be experienced by choosing a good tour operator.